Friday, March 4, 2011

the way things should be

Hello!  We're back!  We had the best time in Florida.  The weather was incredible.   25+ everyday!  Loved it.  And our Baby girl is a traveller.  She was really good and loved the Disney Parks.  I don't blame her.  We loved them too!  Its always nice to come home, but MAN, do I miss the warmth and the Palm Trees.

Aren't vacations such a nice escape?  Without fail, on vacations, I become- wait for it- a morning person.  I know. SO WEIRD.  But I cant help it.  Knowing that there is a sun and palm tree on the other side of that curtain- well there is just nothing like it, is there?  I also love having coffee visits in the morning with people, especially the RIGHT people.   We traveled with My sister, bro-in law and his parents.  Good coffee makers, better company, especially Justin's mama, Marleen.  You will never meet a nicer lady.  And super positive.  She has had her share of horribly rough patches in her life, but is the prime example of how to live beyond the set backs that get thrown your way,  There is not enough good things to say about her.  Marleen, should you ever happen upon this, you've got another fan.

 Isn't funny how vacations can make you forget?  And talk about escaping reality-  Disney World is the place to do it.  Cliche but, It really is the happiest place on earth.  I had the opportunity to meet a few "characters".  They were taken to me.  Perhaps they say that to all the people.  But, ah, I took it personal.  Ha ha.  Mary Poppins said she liked both Grace and my outfit.  I know, I'm totally bragging.

If you go, you have to try the boardwalk out on Disney.  At night its so beautiful and the shops are a throw back to the times when it was about style and not how many buildings you can throw together in a short time.  Its the way things should look.  One day, I believe they will.  

When I'm on a trip, I love gift shops.  Over priced stuff? Yes Please.  In Florida  I really had to control myself, and I did well.  Maybe too well.  The only thing I regret not buying was a Alice and the Wonderland big Tea cup.  It was white(i shouldn't have to say more) and it was a perfect size for morning coffees.  If ever you are that way, think of me, I'd be super grateful.

You know, I really believe Disney is a place for everyone- with or with out Babies.  But when your a parent, and you get to take your baby to Disney, you see it through those huge admiring eyes.  Reason number 379 of why having as baby has paid off for me. 

 But yes, we are home now, and trying to get into the swing of things again.  Back to reality.  But  my vacation will linger on for a few more days.  I have a few more freckles, a few great souvenirs, and one fantastic picture, that fulfills a life long  wish....
better one to come, once our disney disc comes!

6 comments:

  1. Katie! I just started reading your blog (discovering it after returning to facebook) and so far I love it. I'm not a "Disney" person per se but you made it sound quite attractive. I know my sister-in-law Brandi will be salivating over your post! Won'tcha Brandi? Your style of writing is super personable and I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog! Btw, I just bought the most amazing Alice in Wonderland sparkly gel pens and cheshire cat notebook at the Disney Store in WEM. YOU NEED THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive TOTALLY missed your blog and you tousin!! Glad i have u back. isnt disney awesome. your experience sounds like all of mine!! Can we please FINALLY go together someday????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree that you don't need kids to love Disney, but kids do make it that much better. We went the first time just us two, the next time we went I was 4 months pregnant, and i remember looking at all the parents with their kids and we could not wait to bring that baby back there. Then when we did get to take Rowan you see it in a whole new way again!! Happy you guys got to experience it with Grace, and i'm sure Belinda love love loved having her there for 2 whole weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it. glad you're home. glad you had a great time.... and OH MY, I'm with you on Marleen being such an amazing lady. There are no words. She is the word resilence. ahhh...

    ok. i'm ok tha you went, but next time i'm coming, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had such a great time. Wish I could have been there! We've travelled with the same gang before and always had such a nice time.

    We always enjoyed doing special things while it was just the three of us - now that we are expanding I will have to see how vacations work as a family of four. Scary. !!

    ReplyDelete