Saturday, March 12, 2011

Let it Rain

How's your weekend so far?  Good I hope!  We are having a LONG weekend.  And I don't mean that in the sort of way that implies an extra day off.  Sigh... But I sure wish I was.  I know, I know, to downer blogs in the span of one week.  No. Its ok, I will try my hardest to steer clear of the tears and the self pity.

But I will quickly tell you when Its been a long one so far..  Grace has had a flu since Wednesday .. a  day and night of puking..a day or so of NOT moving and last night? up all night.  She couldn't get comfy.  I don't know if that was her actual problem, but that's how I would explain it.  We are tired.  As a baby, Gracie slept, as a toddler, well she's decided sleeping is for babies! YaY!

Not every weekend can be fantastic, right.  And If i had the chance of making it great, I don't have the energy.  Ha.  So today, I'm choosing to be happy at the super small things.  Like a warm blanket.  Or Good TV.  Or chicken Burgers for super.  Or in light of the recent events in the world, I think I'm happy to have a warm bed that we can toss and turn in.  Or that we have food in our fridge.  Or that I know exactly where everyone I love is.  All accounted for.

Doesn't it feel a little ridiculous to be worked up over a flu...My heart goes out to absolutely every person affected by the tragedies in Japan and all the after effects.  But that being said, we all have our own small tragedies.  And although they may not be tragic enough to make the news, they certainly can knock us off our feet.

When I was on vacation, my sisters father in law said something that I knew I instantly needed to remember, and That I would want to share with you later. (this was before the earthquakes and is not said to be cheeky in any sort of way)

"What do they do in Japan when it rains?  They let it rain."

So many things that we can't help.  We cant control.  No way to stop.  I think I need to stop worrying about that stuff.  Sure it warrants some thought, but, In the end, Its not in our hands.  What we do control is, well, the small things.  Grab a good book, or a good show, maybe something great to eat.  Hey, maybe grab someone you love.  I know its not gonna change the world, but it just might change your weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment