Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I think thats why your eyes are so blue

Dear Sparky,

I know you know, this is for you.  You've been torturing yourself for way to long.  You seem to think you need to figure out how your story ends,  All you need to know is that you have one.  I'm not sure why you keep finding yourself in these situations.  Perhaps they find you.  No matter, its found its way before you and your left to figure it out.

Don't you sometimes wish life had a recipe, one tailored just for you.  Of course if that was the case, YOU'D never follow it.  You were never good recipes.  But maybe it would help you to see a path laid out before you.  But I'm telling you, friend, you don't need it.  Your making all the twists and turns we all had to make, and your doing it with such finesse.  Your making your recipe look good.

You said you have a hard time making decisions.  Whats the hurry?  Those decisions will still be there.  When those ones are gone, there will be news ones ready to take their place.  Decisions aren't always good, but they don't always have to be bad.  Some decisions are as small, but some will change your whole world. And Sometimes the smallest of decisions are the ones that change your world

You said, your afraid of always being "that girl.."  But some of us think that girl is enough.  There are worse things in this life than being exactly what you are,  You could be the person who doesn't worry about a future or a tomorrow, or a recipe.  But, I venture to say, some of us are afraid to lose what you've become.  Please don't change the recipe to fit someone Else's taste.  Your sweet enough for me.  If you'd give yourself the chance, I think you'd find your good enough too!


I know you have your sad days, I think that's why your eyes are so blue.  You've known a heart ache in life and over came it with such grace, that I think you don't give yourself enough credit.  Do you know, your mom would be so proud(I'm a mom now, so I know what makes moms proud!)  Your family did a good job in making you.  And they didn't even have a recipe....






 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Whoever sparky is I think i can speak for her and say thank you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe...from reading this i think i have a good guess as to who "sparky" is...and i think i speak well for her mother when i say she she would be VERY proud...i know her lil sister...and her lil sister would do anything for "sparky" xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete