Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Equal rights = Equal nights



If you ever get the opportunity to walk along the Disney Board walk, especially at night, you take it.   The signs light up and you can see them across the other side of the lake.  Wander around the different resorts, inside and out.  I've said it before, they have charm that we don't often see in buildings anymore. 

One night, while in Orlando, we were able to have Grace looked after by the Ecksteins, so we headed for a night out.  We ate at the Cape may Cafe, watched the Fireworks at Epcot, and than wander the board walk.  You fall in love with that boardwalk.  Or maybe its just me.  But I know its the sounds that float through the air.  Its the smells of the homemade ice cream.  And it was the carefree feeling of that atmosphere.  Sigh, Vacation.

My sister and Bro-in-law were a few feet ahead of us, chattering away.  And I was thinking-  I could live here.   I could do this every night.  Such a  great place for a date night.  AND that, my Friends, is when it happened!  Geoff Leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I have to Fart!" Sigh, fantasy OVER.

How did he know exactly what to say to make this night BETTER?  I can't help but wonder, who raised him? Ladies, they say chivalry is dead.  But I can help but think, If that's true, than we beat it to death!  Don't follow?  Well I can't help but think that women have fought and fought AND fought to be found equal to man.  Don't get me wrong, I think there has been great advancement made, sure.  But, than I think, how far is too far.  At what point do you just WANT to be treated like a LADY.

I think, we live in a world, where, some guys won't open a door for you.  Some guys don't know to let you walk on the inside of the street.  But I also don't believe its always there fault.   I think they are caught in a tug of war over, whats proper etiquette and whats equal rights.  And to be fair, do we even really know anymore?

All I know is this:  Should I ever have a baby boy, I will make sure he's opening doors and saying excuse me.  He will offer his coat and his seat.  At least that's what I hope for.

But. whatever happens?  I'll always have that night on the boardwalk  and those 4 little words...



3 comments:

  1. Katie thats such a boy thing! England would totally do that too or something like I have to poop! Boys are just gross I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always said I want a baby boy for THAT reason; to raise him right!

    ReplyDelete