Sunday, September 24, 2017

Then Along Came YOU...

To My Long Lost Pen Pals,

My insides are empty or too full and I just had to write you guys about it.  First I guess I should say that its not everyday or every life time that you find friends as good as you.  True, I know some great people. People with beautiful hearts but they tend to take a back seat to you all.  Our hearts are the same.  They survived some horrible and hard things, separately but they started aching less when we found each other. I love you guys like no other.

Now I'm not being creepy or weird or however this sick world would want to twist my feelings, I love you in the purest of ways. We were made to love people that just get us so much, they almost become an extension of ourselves. We aren't whole until we are together.

How did we end up so broken at the same time?  I find some days I scramble to find the right words to help you because, often, I don't even have right words to help me.  But some how, together, we make it through a whole day, every hurdle, and we pick up all the tiny broken pieces that fell at our feet. 

I've heard it said that not everyone that you love can love you the way you need.  I think, between you and me, we slowly found each other, and we found exactly what we needed in each other. We used to think we had to live broken, with not one soul that felt like us.  Then along came YOU. 

You saved my life.  I don't say it enough.  I don't ever say it maybe.  But my heart was shattered and starting to sink.  My mind held on to so many ugly  and scary things.  I had a enough friends but I didn't have ones that I could voice my terrible train of thought to. Then along came YOU.

My dear friends, In this system we are going to struggle.  We are going to fight.  We are going to need fixing.  We are gonna need ambulances and doctors.  Medicines and mediators.  We are gonna need a place to sleep, a place to collapse.  We will need a shoulder to cry on and a hand to grasp so tightly.  Then along will come YOU.  I know that.  I sleep better knowing that in fact.  

But we will also have anniversary parties, and craft shows.  Sleepovers and matching clothes.  Growing babies and vacations.  Girls night and double date night... Painting and distressing.  beautifully scrolled words and big giant bows.... Facetime calls and very late night chats...cuz along will come YOU...

2 comments: