Monday, September 18, 2017

And it made me think of You...

Dear Tousin,

I had to write and tell you that I had to retire our favorite mug.  The pink and cream one with blue on the inside.  And it made me think of you.  That place is are happy place and where our minds have gone when we are tired. Or defeated.  Sometimes, (and these are the best times) we go there to remember the happy times.  But what happens when we retire that mug?  But I tucked it somewhere safe and I can look at it everyday.  I might not get to use it, but all the same thoughts are there.  Why do they make those mugs so fragile?  When I hold it, it keeps me above water.  It makes breathing easier. Makes my whole heart happy.

How's your heart been since we last spoke?  You said it was fine the last time, but as I always say, we've "changed a few times since then", and to tell you the truth, I never believed you anyway.  If money were never the issue, Id come, just for a little weekend, share a couple cups and maybe a glass or two.  Sometimes I think we start repair our cracks one sip at a time, one truth at a time. Why do they make hearts so fragile?

I know you been thinking lots about your health lately.  I know its part that number your reaching and part this time of year.  I can almost feel all those stitched up cracks pulling and making you just so uncomfortable.  I cant help but wonder if your taking a few more sips, just to seal up the hurty parts.  Use that mug.  I bet yours is stronger than mine.

Maybe its time for you to plan a new adventure.  Rent a car, head to Niagara. Or pass it and go straight to New York.  Go somewhere that helps you breathe. Somewhere that gives you a life line.  Some place that gives a floaty and keeps you above water.  A place that doesn't necessarily make you forget the time of year, or the numbers, but a place that  gives you fresh air and another happy memory.

And bring me back a mug while your at it...:)

Love you, as always,

Me



No comments:

Post a Comment